Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

R & R for a Fattybread


Okay, so I know it has been a while since I have had a post...and I also know that I have not really changed the crazy template or text color of my blog, ITS COMING SOON! Okay now that that is off of my chest, we shall continue. I had a little use it or lose it PTO built up at work so I decided that I needed it to use it. I spent the last week working as the nurse at Camp Victory (CV from here on out). Let me give you a little back up info on CV. It is a CBM (Children's Bible Ministries) camp located in Hacoda, Alabama(like 10 miles from my house). I went to CV as a camper, and CIT(High School Staff), Counselor(College Staff) and have filled all imaginable roles at camp in some capacity or another. To say that I love the place would be a terrible understatement. It is my home away from home. My Oz at the end of a gravel dirt road so to speak. You get the idea. The full time missionaries that work there are practically my family. I love them very much. I have met some of my very best friends there, met my best friend through there(Heart my JMO), and essentially met my hubs through mutual CV friends. This place is part of who I am! The best thing about CV is that when I was 8 years old, I realized my disgusting sinful nature and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior on the porch of cabin 3. So as you can see CV is near and dear to my heart. Back to my past week. I spent the last week as the nurse at camp. It was amazing to see campers that I had in my cabin as a counselor now counselors themselves. The neatest thing about my week was that CV celebrated its 50 year anniversary while I was at camp. I got a little nostalgic looking back at all the changes that have happened at camp since I have been there. I realized that in total I have logged like 19 years at CV. It is crazy to think about. The motto of Camp Victory is " Where Memories are Made and Where Lives are Changed" It blesses my heart to think about the tens of thousands of lives that have been effected by the ministry of Camp Victory...AMAZING. God is so Good. I would like to close my post with the following:

The Top 10 Reasons I Love Camp Victory

10. I love CV because I have friends all over the world that I have met at CV!
9. I love CV because I have a passion for Missions because of missionaries I have been exposed to at CV.
8. I love CV because it was there I learned that serving others is truly a ministry.
7. I love CV because it taught me how to be creative and make the most out of everything...I mean these people save stuff that you wouldn't believe.
6. I love CV because I learned that encouragement is vital in order to have an effective ministry.
5. I love CV because every time I show up there no matter how long it has been I feel like I'm home.
4. I love CV because I have met my very best friends there...Ms. Libby calls us "The Herd".
3. I love CV because I met my bestie Jennifer...aka JMO...and where the majority of our many adventures began.
2. I love CV because my CV friend Andrew introduced me to my hubby...Philip George, and Philip and I have had opportunities to work side by side in the ministry at CV.
1. I love CV because it is the place where I fell in love with Jesus Christ and gave him my entire life!
What can I say I LOVE Camp Victory!
Cara Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment